6) Software Engineer
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Report To: Software Manager
The principal job function
of the Software Engineer is to develop telecom-related software applications and
also provide technical support to Telogic's worldwide customer base. He/She shall
be developing applications on voice switching, database, messaging and computer
telephony. He/She needs to be proficient in C/C++ and one or more other programming
languages, such as Visual Basic, Delphi, Java, Perl and Cobra. Technical support
is provided at the customer site or in the office via telephone, e-mail, web and
facsimile, requiring exceptional verbal and written communication skills as well
as excellent technical analysis and problem solving skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing and developing
telecom-related software applications
- Writing the user manual
and software design document for each application.
proper installation of Telogic system products
and conducting system training for customers
- Providing technical
support to Telogic worldwide customer base
- In the event a
defect in a product is found, the software engineer is responsible for documenting
the defect and communicating the problem priority to the necessary levels of management,
and where ever possible, providing the Telogic customer with a workaround to the
- The software engineer may be required to
travel regularly to a customer location (nationally/internationally) for activities
such as on-site customer support, demo system setup, production system installations
and any other project related activities
- To stay abreast
of new technologies and new product releases, the software engineer will regularly
participate in new product and technology transfer training, as well as any outside
seminars and training programs coordinated by Telogic.
- Degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology, Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, or equivalent with one to three years of related technical professional
- Good Programming knowledge and experience with two or more programming language knowledge (C/C++, VB, Java, PHP, ASP, Delphi, HTML, Cobra).
- Programming experience in Unix (Solaris, HP UX Linux) and/or Windows platform.
- Programming experience with database software (MYSQL, ORALCE, MSSQL, INFORMIX) is preferred.
- Experience in the Telecommunications or computer Telephony Field is an advantage.
- Programming experience with one or more inter-process communications (socket, message queue, pipe, shared memory) is preferred.
- Familiarity with data and/or telecommunications protocols is an advantage.
- Able to work both independently and in a team
- Self-motivated, willing to learn and a positive attitude
- Ability to work with customers on resolution of technical issues
- Possesses good diagnostic, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Able to read/write/speak English is a plus.
- Working knowledge of personal computing hardware and software technology
*An attractive salary cum commission
package will be offered to the successful applicant.
Please email your comprehensive resume, with present and expected salary