Report To: Business Development Director
The job function of the System Engineer covers solution management, technology research, project management and operation management for our telecommunications systems. He/She will be part of the System Management team working closely with the Engineering department and Sales department. His/Her responsibilities include writing technical proposal to support sales activity, research, evaluation and prototyping on new technology, deriving new telecom solutions, developing solution sales kit, overseeing project implementation and managing post-sales technical support. He/She needs to be independent, self-motivated, likes to work with people and can work under pressure. The challenging job scope requiring exceptional verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent technical analysis and problem solving skills.
- Research, evaluate and utilize new technology or new techniques for deriving new solutions or improving existing solutions
- Seek new solution ideas based on market trends, technology movement, customer demand and etc.
- Develop and maintain the documentation of solution information such as data sheet, technical proposal and presentation slides
- Provide training to sales and engineering department on new solution
- Engage on pre-sales activities such as answering a tender, technical presentation, service demo, system trial and etc.
- Plan for project resources, understand project scope and system deliverables and communicating them to the project implementation team, find solution for escalated project issues and make decision related to project implementation
- Ensure project implementation team meets project milestones and deliver quality system and services to the customer
- Gather customer feedback on satisfaction on project delivery and work with engineering team to derive and execute improvement plan
- Ensure technical support team follows the process of tracking, executing and proper closure for service request and delivers fast resolution, good services to the customer
- Provides consultation and solutions to system issues escalated by technical support team
- Gather customer feedback on satisfaction on technical support service and work with technical support team to derive and execute improvement plan
- Degree or Diploma in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecommunication or equivalent with one to three years of related technical professional work experience
- Experience in the mobile or fixed line telecom network is highly desirable
- Good knowledge about voice/data/communication networks technologies and protocols (e.g. GSM, CDMA, GPRS, UMTS, IMS, IN, TCP/IP, AAA) is desirable
- Good knowledge on computing equipment, operating system (Solaris, Linux, HPUX, Windows), RDBMS databases ((i.e. Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL) and programming languages (C/C++, Java, HTML, VB, ASP, PHP and etc)
- Excellent verbal, written communication and inter-personal skills
- Self-motivated, willing to learn and a positive attitude
- Able to work both independently and in a team
- Responsible and ability to work on tight schedules
*An attractive salary cum commission package will be offered to the successful applicant.
Please email your comprehensive resume, with present and expected salary to :
Director, Business Operations