Technical Support Engineer
Report To: Technical Director
The principal job function of the Technical Support Engineer is to provide after-sales technical support for our telecommunications systems. He/She will be the first line technical support to our worldwide customer base. His/Her responsibilities include installing, configuring and testing one or more systems, providing user training, problem troubleshooting, system enhancement, performance tuning and etc. He/She needs to be independent, self-motivated, likes to work with people and can work under pressure. Technical support is provided at the customer site or in the office via telephone, e-mail, web and facsimile, requiring exceptional verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent technical analysis and problem solving skills.
- Carry out factory acceptance testing and system integration testing on our telecommunications systems.
- Writing technical documents such as user manual and operation & maintenance (OA&M) document.
- Conducting operation and maintenance training including the preparation of training manuals.
- Installation of hardware, software and cabling within our telecommunications systems.
- Configuring the system according to customer environment and their requirements.
- Understanding customer's operational and technical requirements and translating them to a system solution.
- Work closely with product team to address, track, execute and proper closure of request for system enhancement/improvement.
- Providing 7x24 technical support (on-call, rotating duty basis) to Telogic worldwide customer base.
- In the event a defect in a product is found, the support engineer is responsible for documenting the defect and communicating the problem priority to the necessary levels of management, and where ever possible, providing the Telogic customer with a workaround to the reported problem.
- The support engineer may be required to travel regularly to a customer location (nationally/internationally) for activities such as on-site customer support, system installations and any other project related activities.
- Providing technical expertise in preparing responses to RFPs (Request For Proposals).
- To stay abreast of new technologies and new product releases, the software engineer will regularly participate in new product and technology transfer training, as well as any outside seminars and training programs coordinated by Telogic.
- Degree or Diploma in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecommunication or equivalent with one to three years of related technical professional work experience
- Experience in the mobile or fixed line telecom network is highly desirable.
- Good knowledge about voice/data networks technologies is essential.
- Good technical knowledge and experience in Oracle or MS SQL RDBMS
- Excellent verbal, written communication and inter-personal skills
- Self-motivated, willing to learn and a positive attitude
- Able to work both independently and in a team
- Ability to work with customers on resolution of technical issues
- Possesses good analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of personal computing hardware and software technology
- Familiarity with data and/or telecommunications protocols and the telephone industry is highly desirable
- Knowledge on administration and performance tuning of the Oracle Database (added advantage)
- In-depth Knowledge of SAN, NAS, Raid and Backup Solutions in a hererogeneous environment.
- Responsible and ability to work on tight schedules
- Good knowledge of UNIX, Windows, SUN Solaris and/or Linux OS
- Identify and resolve system performance issues and problems, including interfacing with any 3rd Party support
- Identify the need for and specify future enhancements to the systems
- Excellent English and verbal communication skills.
- Hands-on technical skills in desktop/server hardware, LAN administration, UNIX administration, networking and Windows 2000.
- Able to produce user documentation and system documentation
*An attractive salary cum commission package will be offered to the successful applicant.
Please email your comprehensive resume, with present and expected salary to :
Director, Business Operations